- 1 Preparation Tips and Strategy for SBI Clerk 2018- Detailed Analysis
- 1.1 Here is the preparation strategy for SBI Clerk Exams 2018
- 1.2 How to prepare for General Awareness for SBI Clerk Exams
- 1.3 How to prepare for Mathematics and Quantitative Aptitude?
- 1.4 How to prepare for Reasoning for Clerk Exams?
- 1.5 How to prepare for Marketing & Computer for Bank Clerk Exams?
- 1.6 How to prepare for English for Bank Clerk Exams?
Preparation Tips and Strategy for SBI Clerk 2018- Detailed Analysis
The very first time I came across this question was in December 2017. It was when one of the students who used to visit me for a bit of guidance told me that he has been selected for 3 banking clerical examinations consecutively. But has been unable to qualify for the written part of that of a PO recruitment process. Currently, he is a probationary officer with Bank of India, at Shahdol district in MP.
Here is the preparation strategy for SBI Clerk Exams 2018
- Avoid Using CALCULATOR/Mobile phones foe calculation while practicing questions at home.
- Solve as many questions by your own (without any calculator)
- Memorize Table up to 20/Squatre/cube root etc for less calculation & speed up solving in an exam.
- Competitive exams demand a smart approach, not lengthy calculations/Strategy
- Chose & Pick the questions in an Exam
- Be Selective what to solve & Exactly what not to solve equally (If such case arises)
- Don’t stick to a particular Question if taking a lot of time better switch to next one
- Solve all the Easy questions first & gradually approach for a higher level of difficulty as per your own ability to decide.
- Try to solve the individual sectional cut off first.
- Revise the paper, if any question missing to solve (if time permits)
How to prepare for General Awareness for SBI Clerk Exams
How to prepare for Mathematics and Quantitative Aptitude?
This section would take around 20-25 days to complete the basics and then practice, practice and practice.
How to prepare for Reasoning for Clerk Exams?
Allocate 25-30 days for this portion.
How to prepare for Marketing & Computer for Bank Clerk Exams?
This section does NOT take more than 2 days of preparation.
Although the bank recruits the clerical staff for the normal day to day job of retail banking still the questions being asked in these sections are not of general level. Again I would like to mention that more than 80% of the published books in this field are also having a lot of errors. Questions which are being asked on marketing.
General banking and finance related terms, especially like cross-selling, relationship management; alternate channels, ULIPs, fees based incomes, money market basics etc are to be focused upon.
If one is not from the computer background then one needs to study the basic history of the computer, MS Office with shortcut commands, Internet history and so on.
How to prepare for English for Bank Clerk Exams?
This is the portion, which is most critical Because the facts and figures have proved that there are states in our country where people find it really hard to cross the national benchmark in the English section. Well, if the English have not been your cup of tea, then there is no option except to start from a scratch. But in case a candidate was a bit ok with English portion in his or her academics then things get easier. Focus on cloze tests, error spotting, synonyms, antonyms and then an unseen passage.
If you have any questions that you want to ask the author you are free to do so by posting your queries in the comment box given below.We will try to reach each of you at the earliest
About the Author: This article is written by Mr. A Mishra, He owns Bank-GD-PI where he writes articles related to Bank GD and Personal Interview Preparation.