- 1 Applied for SBI Clerk Exams? These awesome tips and Recommended Books will help you score High marks in English Section.
- 1.1 How to crack English section in SBI Jr. Associate/Clerk exam 2018?
- 1.2 How to start your preparation for English?
- 1.2.1 • Start reading anything:
- 1.2.2 • Keep a dictionary or a dictionary application handy:
- 1.2.3 • Books are the main MANTRA:
- 1.2.4 • Try to speak in English with your friends and family:
- 1.2.5 • Practice previous year question papers:
- 1.2.6 • Mock test:
- 1.2.7 • Watch ONLY English news channels or tv shows etc:
- 1.2.8 • Passage practice:
- 1.2.9 • Study according to the weightage:
- 1.2.10 • Never stop practicing until you take final test:
- 1.3 Books for Preparing English For SBI Clerk 2018
Applied for SBI Clerk Exams? These awesome tips and Recommended Books will help you score High marks in English Section.
So after a lot of waiting and speculations finally SBI has released its notification for Clerk/Jr. Associate for the year 2018-19. There are almost 17200 posts, which are distributed circle wise and state wise. If you have not yet filled the form please start filling as the last date of filling the online application and online payment is on 25-04-2018. This post is similar to its previous Clerk post just the name of the post has been modified. English Section for SBI Clerk exam preparation TIPS/ Strategy all here wrapped in a single page, explore here…
This SBI Recruitment 2018 is one of the Top 10 Recruitment Exams in India, that you can’t miss. If you have appeared for Railway Exams, Preparing for SSC CGL, then you should apply for SBI Clerk Jr. Associate Recruitment 2018, as the there is 60-70% similarity in Syllabus.
Let us now concentrate on the preparation of the exam, as the tentative date of the examination is May-June, yah not too far. So it is suggested that you start preparing right now.
How to crack English section in SBI Jr. Associate/Clerk exam 2018?
SBI exam pattern for preliminary: Total time allotted “1 hour”
1. English section (30 marks)
2. Quantitative section (35 marks)
3. Reasoning section (35 marks)
Here is the Detailed Syllabus for SBI Clerk Exam 2018
Read: How to Prepare General Awareness for SBI clerk 2018
SBI exam pattern for Mains: Total time allotted “2 hours and 40 minutes”
1. English section (40 marks)
2. Quantitative section (50 marks)
3. Reasoning section and Computer Knowledge (basic) (60 marks)
4. General Financial/Awareness (50 marks)
How to start your preparation for English?
Preparing for English section is very important to clear SBI clerk exam or even an exam. English section’s weightage is 30 marks in preliminary and 40 marks in mains. 70 marks all in all mean a lot. Please remember not to sideline English section by assuming that you will score well easily. English section difficulty level is from moderate to difficult. Let us now discuss more about the tricks and tips.
• Start reading anything:
Make it a habit to read novel, newspaper, articles, books etc. on regular basis. Your English won’t improve overnight you have to work hard on it. By reading on regular basis you will attain the habit of reading as well as your reading skill will improve which is very important and time saving for you at the time of examination. Read at least 1 hour a day to gain more confidence in this section
• Keep a dictionary or a dictionary application handy:
When you are reading anything it is important that you have a dictionary handy. Every time you read a newspaper you will learn a new word which will automatically improve your vocabulary. Good vocabulary pays you off very well in any competitive exam as well as in your personal life.
• Books are the main MANTRA:
If you think that it is English section who will buy books, I can prepare on my own then sorry to burst the bubble but the level of English section in SBI is quite higher than what you are expecting. You have to buy or hire good books so that there are no grammatical or spelling errors. We have few suggestions for you.
– R.S Aggarwal
– Arihant Publication
– Dhillon Publication
• Try to speak in English with your friends and family:
If you have done a professional degree like Engineering etc. you will understand that in the period of 4 years you have lost the contact with English and you are not quite familiar with it. This is the most easy and effective way to get used to the language. Please don’t feel shy because everybody knows as much as you know.
• Practice previous year question papers:
Solve all the previous year question papers, by doing this you will get to know the exact exam pattern and difficulty level of the exam conducted by SBI.
• Mock test:
As you must be aware that while taking the exam you will be having very limited time-bound. So it is very important that you take mock test and improve your speed and efficiency before sitting for actual examination.
• Watch ONLY English news channels or tv shows etc:
This is another very important and easy way to gain the comfortable level with the language. Watching English news channel will improve your English listening skills and your accent also.
• Passage practice:
Yes passage was our favourite section during school days but remember the passage in competitive exam are a little high on difficulty level. You have to have knowledge about grammar, vocabulary, spotting errors etc. If you have the tact to cover the passage section quickly you can easily gain up to 10 marks extra.
• Study according to the weightage:
It is very important when you start preparing for English section you give more importance to the sections having high weightage. In this way you will be able to cross the cut-off easily and then move on to score high merit.
• Never stop practicing until you take final test:
It is important that you understand the difficulty and seriousness of the exam. Please do not stop practicing and revising because the more you practice before exam the more you can save your time while you are taking the exam, following these tips till exam time will surely help you score high in English section. If you have any query or suggestion please your comment below and register with us for more important updates regarding SBI Jr. Associate post. We will be more than happy to help you.
Books for Preparing English For SBI Clerk 2018
If you follow these tips and apply these in the actual, then you can score 80% to 90% marks in English only. However, for the preparation of English Section for SBI Clerk, you need Books, that will guide you on Grammar Rules, Comprehension etc.
These Books are recommended by Topper and who have scored more than 85% in English only.
For Books of Other sections, applicants are advised to go through our previous post on Best Books for SBI Clerk Exam 2018
1) For English Vocabulary: Read Word Power made easy by Norman Lewis
Word Power Made Easy New Revised & Expanded Edition (English) 2 Edition
List Price: Rs.169
Our Price: Rs.140
2) For English Grammar : Buy Objective General English By Arihant
Objective General English (English) 2nd Edition
List Price: Rs.285
Our Price: Rs.210
Best of Luck …